Monday, August 8, 2022

Retro Christmas Countdown 7

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a card in my series of retro Christmas countdown cards.  I explained what they're all about on this post.  To keep track of how many I have made (I need 25), and how many remaining, here's my list:  2345681012, 151618, and 24.  The previous cards have all been cat-themed so I may add a cat die-cut to this one, maybe.


The adorable reindeer image is the August freebie for the Gecko Galz Monthly Christmas Challenge.  It is so cute, I couldn't resist!  I die-cut the image with a circle and layered onto a red die-cut circle (Nellie's Multi-Frame Circles / Diemond Dies) and then added a cute red bow (Poppystamps).  For the countdown number I adhered a tiny tag (Winnie and Walter) with the number 7 and doodled some stitching around the tag with a red marker.  I stamped a sentiment (Avery Elle) in black at the top left.  The striped patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket.


I would also like to join the following 6 challenges, for a total of 8:
Christmas Kickstart 65 Never in a Nativity 1/3 C8

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

16 comments:

Suzanne H said...

So cute! I love that you went with the blue too. We're twins!

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet Christmas card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

terrie said...

Another great color combo for your card and such an awesome playful reindeers.
Perfectly done Kitty.

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable card, love the colour combo and great use of the sketch. You are making progress toward your holiday cards.

Karenladd said...

You have such a knack with retro designs, and those deer are too adorable! The glitter card stock gives it extra pizazz and a modern twist!

MagsB said...

The reindeer are so cute and the papers match beautifully! Gorgeous!

love Mags B x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! You are doing great in making your Christmas cards, KT! I have not started. I may have to send store bought this year (cringe). Loving the sparkle and happiness in your little reindeer creation! hugs, de

Anne Fenton said...

Great card ... love it.

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at BYSH Cardmakers and trying out our August sketch!

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

nice card
thanks for joining our cheallenge
greetings jolanda bongers
DT festive friday

Donna said...

This is so adorable!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Great design my friend!! You used so well this fabulous Gecko Galz image, your take of the sketch is the perfection!!! Elegant, sweet and cute at the same time! Love the matching patterned paper and the glittered one!! The cute bow and tag finished the card so beautifully!!! I already predict a win!! ;)
Biggest hugs ever, enjoy your days!!!

Fikreta said...

Its gorgeous !
hugs

KraftyKoolKat said...

So adorable Kitty. I haven't crafted much this year.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so gorgeous, I love it !! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Outlaws Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card