Sunday, August 7, 2022

Lighthouse Birthday

Hello, everyone!  I'm back with a second card today.  This time I'm sharing a lighthouse-themed birthday card that I made for a family member who adores lighthouses.

I used several dies to make this card:  Stitched Rope Nested Rectangle (Kat Scrappiness), anchor, crab, shell, starfish (Your Next Stamp Island Fun), birthday sentiment (Tattered Lace Everyday Sayings), and lighthouse ocean circle (no packaging, received from friend).  I die-cut the lighthouse three times so I could paper-piece the white and red over the blue. 

The background was a leftover that I retrieved from my waiting pile.  It was made months (years?) ago using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and ink smooshing.  It didn't work for the intended project at the time but I thought it worked well here.  I decided to add a darker colour to represent the sea so I ink-blended over the bottom portion of the background using Salty Ocean Distress Oxide. 

All of the red cardstock die-cuts were made from snippets; see photo below.  However, I am not ready to toss these snippets yet!  I will punch some smaller shapes, perhaps hearts or flowers before I discard them.  Waste not, want not!


I would like to join the following 10 challenges:
Allsorts 688/9 AG Optional Create Your Own Background 1/3
Crafts Galore Encore August 1/3
Crafty Calendar August AG 1/3
DL.ART August Linky AG UE
Double D Lighthouse 1/3
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2231 AG 1/3 C10
Pixie's Snippet Playground 434 (Snippets are leftover background and red die-cuts as noted) 1E C10
Simon Says Stamp Monday Happy Birthday 1/5
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations August AG UE
Word Art Wednesday 555-556 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing everyone a joyful day!

15 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Kitty, I am sure it will be well recieved.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Gina's Cards said...

Fabulous card! I am sure the recipient will love it. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Suzanne H said...

I love the red against aqua blue. that die cut ocean is fabulous too. Perfect light house lover card!

Alyson Mayo said...

Ohhh - this is fabulous! Love the pops of red :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah, your way to use scraps is the same of mine! :D The red snippets in the photo might being mine! LOL No waste at all! :)
Your lighthouse scene with the ocean is fabulous, I'm sure your family member will be happy to receive it! The die is so impressive, love how you paper-pieced the lighthouse and the fabulous ink-smooshed background with the darker sea! Cute red shilouettes!
I wish you a lovely and joyful new week! Hugs, peace and love from Italy!

Donna Walls said...

Great scene, love the die cuts and the colors. Thanks for playing in the challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous lighthouse scene, the background is lovely and your paper piecing is spot on. Great use of the light house die and the added die cuts (Shopping our Stash has a sea shell challenge hint, hint)

Barbara said...

You make great use of your snippets and I do too. This is a wonderful and special card for a friend that loves lighthouses. I love that you used several dies from different companies to achieve this effect. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge, lighthouses. Best wishes.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card and bold design, thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lighthouses’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sarn said...

Super lighthouse birthday card made from lots of snippets. GREAT to see a picture of your snippets too.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground! Please come up to the Treehouse Bar to enjoy an Eggnog (with ice cream) or a Summery Mai Dai! xxx

terrie said...

Great lighthouse card.....the background behind the lighthouse is a perfect.
You do such a great job putting your cards together.
I also like the blue & red color combo.

Karenladd said...

What a fun card and I love the lighthouse theme too. Had to laugh when I saw that you saved your left over red card stock for future die cuts, because I do the same thing! I once went to a craft day crop and just cringed when I saw people throwing away half a sheet of paper..eek!

Di said...

Super card and really great to see the snippets as well!We have a similar lighthouse here in Plymouth - LOVE your card!

Hugs

Di xx

Pauline C said...

Fabulous use of layered die cuts and the smooshed background was indeed meant for this project!! Thanks so much for joining us at this fortnight's Allsorts challenge.
Pauline xx