Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Guest Designer - Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #520

Hello, everyone!  I have some fun news to share!  I've been invited to be a Guest Designer over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog this fortnight!  Yay!  The theme is Anything Goes using Paper, so I hope you'll come over and join us!  If you would like to view the challenge rules, they can be found here.

For my project, I decided to make a winter holiday card!  I enjoy making my Christmas cards all year long to avoid the rush in November/December.  Today's card features a cute digital image from SheepSki Designs called Winter Deer.

I die-cut the image into a circle (Nellie's Multiframe Circles) and added colour with Distress Oxides (Tumbled Glass and Broken China).  I added snowfall with a white paint pen and applied Star Dust Stickles all around the circle and along the snow.  This card has lots of sparkle!

On a white panel, I stamped a sentiment (Penny Black) in black and then embossed with Die'sire Embossalicious Let it Snow.  I adhered the circle to the snowflake panel and then decided to make the little scene look like an ornament.  I added a die-cut ornament topper (Top Dog Dies) in silver glitter cardstock and a bow (Elizabeth Crafts) in blue glitter cardstock and then adhered a blue gem.  To finish the look, I drew a faux string using a black fineliner.  

Thank you to Geesje at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog for inviting me to be your Guest Designer!  I had fun!

I would also like to join the following 10 challenges:
ABC Christmas I for Inky UE
BYSH Cardmakers Spring into Christmas 2022 Linky Party

Rudolph Day April AG Christmas 1E C10
Simon Says Stamp Monday Wild and Wonderful (wild animals) 1/5
Word Art Wednesday 541-542 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 wk1

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful and carefree day!

22 comments:

Donna said...

First, congrats on your guest design spot! Second this card is stunning, so elegant, peaceful and calming! I may be casing this one.

corysnana said...

Love the classy and classic feel of this card. Thanks so much for linking it up and sharing your talents with the BYSHC Spring Into Christmas Linky Party!!

Liz said...

Congratulations on your GD spot, Kitty. Beautiful Christmas card. xx

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Thanks for reminding me about Sheepski Designs. I'm going to go shopping! Love your card!

Suzanne H said...

Congrats on being a guest designer. This a lovely card. I love the sky you've created and the Winter Deer image is so sweet. Beautiful work.

Gail said...

A beautiful card~~ congratulations on your DT Guest Position - have a blessed day!

Barbara Godden said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot, Super cute image and beautifully designed ornament scene card. love the stickles around the circle (why did I not think of that?) Great embossing layer.

Jacinda said...

Absolutely beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us at BYSHC Spring into Christmas.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Stunning card!! So elegant and beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Spring into Christmas 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

terrie said...

Congrats Kitty being a Guest Designer and your card is beautiful...love the winter scene....good to see you posting again...take care.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty! Big Congrats for your GD at Penny's Paper-crafty!! Well deserved!! And can't wait to see you as GD also at We Love Stamping! :) Love so much your card for inspiration, wow! It's very elegant and so sweet!! The embossed panel makes the bauble just POP! Great colouring with DO on the cute deers scene, and the sparkling looks awesome, as well the cute diecut bow!
Sending big hugs!!!

Migdalia said...

Congrats on your GD spot! YAY!! Your holiday card is absolutely beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Jane Savage said...

Such a beautiful, elegant Christmas card!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Kitty and big congrats on your guest design slot. Very well deserved.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Gorgeous card! Love the background and the ornament is just stunning! Thanks for joining us in the BYSHC Linky Party!

Liz Williams said...

This is a beautiful design. I live where I don't ever see much snow, so I do love these paper snow scenes for sure.

Whisper said...

Simply stunning and thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful scene and a lovely card! I am going to have to look and see if I already own that bow die. It is a wonderful size and I can think of a zillion uses for it!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge!

Kim said...

What a beautiful serene card you have created! Thank you for joining us for the Polkadoodles Friday Crafting Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Xoxo, Kim DT

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous ornament card! The scene inside is beautiful and the embossed background completes the card. Well done! Thank you for sharing it and for playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Fikreta said...

very nice card!
hugs