Thursday, February 24, 2022

More Valentine Gingers

Hi, everybody!  Today I'm sharing another Valentine/love card featuring gingerbreads!  I think gingers work for any occasion, not just Christmas.  


These cute stamps were a gift from a crafty friend (you know who you are - thank you, I love them!). The brand is Imaginisce.  I heat-embossed them in white on kraft cardstock and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I added a little colour to the bow, buttons, and cheeks with markers, fussy-cut, and adhered with foam tape.  The sentiment is from Doodlebug and I heat-embossed it in white on a black scrap.  I adhered die-cut hearts and punched hearts and then doodled some hearts with my white paint marker on the left-hand edge. The patterned paper is MME.

I would like to join the following challenges:

Allsorts 664 I Love... (I love Gingerbreads!) 3/3
Crafty Gals Corner 228 Add a Heart 2/3
Dare 2B Artzy Love 3/3
Incy Wincy Designs Red and/or Pink and Valentine 2/5
The Paper Funday 38 AG Optional Hugs and Kisses 3/4
Twisted Thursdays Feb 10-23 AG Option Month of Love or Add a Heart 2/2
Word Art Wednesday 531-532 AG w Uplifting Sentiment Wk1 3/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a happy and carefree day!

20 comments:

Cardsbykatefletcher said...

That's a super cute card, I love the strippy paper you used for the background. Thank you for sharing with us at Paper Fundays Challenge. Kate

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super cute card and a great use of the sweet gingerbread couple. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh Fit Kitty, This is fabulous! I love that you used Gingers for Valentine's Day! When I saw your card on the gallery of the Outlawz, I knew right away it was your card before even seeing your name! You make the most adorable and perfect cards! Super cute!
Hope you are doing well and enjoying your day! :)

Liz said...

Great card Kitty, love your cute Gingers. xx

Barbara Godden said...

Aww the gingers are so adorable, love the design and the paper and all those hearts. Fantastic card.

Donna said...

This is so adorable, I love your idea of using gingerbread people for valentine/love cards!

Fikreta said...

oh its so adorable!
hugs

Linby said...

Great to see more gingerbreads from you, these ones look so cute on that fab layout. Thanks for taking part again in my challenge theme of I love at Allsorts this week.
Lynn x

terrie said...

Adorable card especially with the gingerbread die cut....I like your thought on gingerbread images aren't just for Christmas I love that (tfs).
Well done Kitty.

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 💌

Debi said...

So cute, my friend. Using white embossing makes them look so real. Wonderful card! Big hug, Debi

KraftyKoolKat said...

This looks so yummy Kitty in more ways than one. 🤣
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh Kitty, this card is sooooo sweet!!! Just delightful!! Absolutely love any detail, by the stars of the scene (the cute couple of gingerbreads) to the striped paper on the back, and the different lovely hearts!! The heart behind the gingerbread is just fabulous with that patterned paper and the brown scallop border! Love so much also the glittered vertical stripe of heart and your white doodling! And the tiny heart on the black sentiment is the cherry on the cake! :)
Hugs dear friend, I have notice about Canada and I'm relieved that all seems more quiet!! Hugs and love!!

Chandhini said...

Love the white embossed gingerbread men, so sweet.

Karenladd said...

LOVE these little Valentine Gingers so much and what a great idea to heat emboss on kraft card stock. Why had I never though to do that? It's the perfect way to add the white frosted detailing we all love

Sheryl said...

What a cutie! Absolutley gorgeous.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door . Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Ela said...

Thanks for joining us at Penny's paper challenge with your sweet card. Hugs Ela DT

flossbite said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Suzanne H said...

I think you're going to have to change your name from Kitty to Ginger :) Another adorable card!

Jana Forrest said...

I hadn't thought about it but Gingers are able to be used all year long. Great Idea and great card! Thanks for linking up with us over at Crafty Gals Corner challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest