Monday, February 21, 2022

Gingerbread Hugs and Kisses

Hello, everybody!  I'm a bit late sharing this Valentine/love card, but here it is.  I think gingerbreads are fun for any occasion, not just for Christmas!  For my card I used the adorable Digi Doodle Studios Jack's Ginger Cookie Baker.  He is so adorable - I just can't resist gingerbreads!  And he's baked some heart-shaped cookies for us!


I coloured the image with markers, added white accents with a paint pen, fussy-cut, and adhered with foam tape.  Another fun element of this card is the die-cut oven (Designed by Rex) on which I adhered tiny heart confetti and a die-cut red glitter heart at the top.  

The background xoxo patterned paper is from MME, and I added a red glitter strip as well as a vertical heart border.  On the patterned paper I stamped a sentiment (Nicole Silhouette), and I stamped xo (Clearly Besotted) three times on the heart border.

I love all the sparkle on this card!  Here's an angled view to show more of the sparkle:


I would like to join the following challenges:
Allsorts 664 I Love... (I love Gingerbreads!) 2/3
Crafty Gals Corner 228 Add a Heart 1/3
Dare 2B Artzy Love 2/3
Digi Doodle Studios 46 Love and/or Friendship 1/3
Digi Doodle Studios Facebook Group February AG with DDS images
Double D Shades of Pink 1/3
Incy Wincy Designs Red and/or Pink and Valentine 1/5
The Paper Funday 38 AG Optional Hugs and Kisses 2/4
Twisted Thursdays Feb 10-23 AG Option Month of Love or Add a Heart 1/2
Word Art Wednesday 531-532 AG w Uplifting Sentiment Wk1 2/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a happy and carefree day!

21 comments:

Tina Z. said...

So cute, I like your gingerbreads.

Linby said...

oh my goodness that is so cute. Love the cooker with the glitter hob etc! Thanks for taking part in my challenge theme of I love at Allsorts this week.
Lynn x

Donna said...

This is such a fabulous card design, love the Valentine gingerbread girl and the heart shaped cookies! Darling scene and card! Like all the glitter too!!

Diane said...

Absolutely adorably CUTE!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

brenda said...

A super fun creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'I love....' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Lena said...

So sweet and festive. Love it!
Have a wonderful day.
Lena xx

Suzanne H said...

That is adorable! Gingerbreads for all seasons!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Cute, fun and so creative!!! Well done my friend!! Gingerbreads are so cute, it's right! And you stretched this one so well for your Valentine's card! LOVE your colouring so much and the palette you choose!! The tiny hearts on the oven add more cuteness, as well the big glittered one! Love so much also the vertical XO heart border, it's a perfect detail to catch the eyes to the gingerbread!
Hope you have a lovely day, dear Kitty!! I'm thinking of you!! Sending lots of love, peace and warm thoughts on your way!!

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable baking scene, great sparkle and love the gingerbread man. great colouring and lovely design.

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so sweet with all the hearts in the oven! I can just taste the goodies now... Adorable :)

Donna Walls said...

A very sweet card and wonderful way to stretch your supplies for other occasions / holidays. Thanks for entering your lovely project in the challenge at The Paper Funday. Donna

Barbara said...

The cutest little gingerbread munchkin ever. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge.

Darlene said...

OMG how totally adorable! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Shades of Pink’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Andree said...

A fabulously fun card. You've created a lovely little scene with the adorable gingerbread lady and added just the right amount of sparkle.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore February Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Kary said...

cute and very sweet! Thank you for joining us in Corrosive Challenge! DT Kary

Fikreta said...

oh its super cute!
love it!
hugs

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

What a wonderful creation! I love all the detail you put into it! Awesome Ginger, and I love the oven, with all of it's pretty pink and silver parts! The little hearts inside, and the glittery oven mitt is the perfect touches, and the pink heart banner down the side is so pretty! You used just the right amounts of red to really bring out the pink and other colors! Beautiful and cute card! Hope you are having a happy day!

terrie said...

Your gingerbread image is so cute and so is your card...you did a fantastic job putting it all together....TFS

Karenladd said...

Oh my gosh, this is just adorable and I agree about gingerbreads being great all year round. This little baker is so sweet and looks absolutely proud of her heart shaped cookies!

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios!

flossbite said...

Cuteness overloaad! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.