Sunday, January 25, 2015

More Butterflies (Penny Black stamp)

Hi, everyone!  I've made another butterfly card with distress ink background.  This background is a bit paler than the card I showed last night but it's the same ink combo (Seedless Preserves and Shaded Lilac).  This was the leftover ink remaining on the craft mat.  Then I embossed the panel with Cuttlebug Cross My Heart folder and die cut a row of hearts (Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card).


I layered the panel onto silver mirror paper which was die cut with Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes, and then mounted on DCWV mauve cardstock. As in yesterday's card, this one also features my new Penny Black Social Butterfly stamps.  I heat-embossed another one of the butterflies, twice, in Aegean Silver (The Artful Stamper) and added silver sequins. The Happy Anniversary sentiment is a silver peel-off sticker.  To finish it off, I added some sparkly silver ribbon.  The card makes quite a statement in person with all the silver and sparkle!

I would like to support these fun challenges:
  1. DRS Designs Lovely Hearts UE
  2. Penny Black Saturday New (new technique, new stamps) UE
  3. Red Carpet Studio Frozen / Use Something Glittery (sparkly embossing powder, sparkly ribbon) 1/3 C4
  4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Have a Heart 2/5
Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


18 comments:

ike said...

Ooooh - that's cool and I really love your background :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Unknown said...

Piękna :)
Pozdrawiam

Monika Reeck said...

So many heart Love the embossed paper Kitty and love the glitter butterfly..simply adorable card Kitty and Happy Sunday..what time did you wake up sweety...hugs. Monika

KraftyKoolKat said...

Another awesome creation Kitty. We are both on a butterfly kick at the moment. Lol!!! I have posted another butterfly card this morning.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous Kitty!! Love so much your background and the lovely touch of the little diecut row of hearts!!! This card is very elegant!

Donna said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous background and great color combo!

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card

marion said...

What a styish card, I especially love the little hearts underneath on the card, lots of hugs and love, xoxo, cuddles to Kiwi, Snowy and Honeydew, Marion

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Kitty, such a lovely embossed background and pretty silver and pink colour combination.
Pauline
x

Shelia said...

Oh this is pretty too. I really like those embossed butterflies!! thank you for playing along with DRS Designs.

Jacee said...

Lovely colour on this one, gorgeous butterflies, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jo Nevill said...

A very pretty card, love your butterflies.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Cherished said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at RCS.

Nadine Carlier said...

So pretty! Love the purple and silver together and those butterflies. Thank you for sharing it with us at Red Carpet Studio!
Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

Wyvern said...

Purple and silver is one of my favorite combos! I really like the embossing of the background, too. Thanks for sharing over at Red Carpet Studios!
Angela

Devra said...

beautiful color combination and lovely card. Thanks for sharing it at RCS

papayoung said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammy L said...

Great card! I love the wet and dry embossing! Thanks for joining us at RCS and hope to see you again! Tammy DT