Thursday, December 1, 2022

Sending Warm Thoughts

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a sparkly holiday card featuring products from Newton's Nook.  


Stamps:  Bunny and sentiment from Newton's Nook Sweater Weather (retired), cup from Newton's Nook Cup of Cocoa 
Dies:  Trees from Newton's Nook Forest Scene Builder; stitched 4-panel frame from my stash

I coloured the images with markers and fussy-cut, including the sentiment, and then die-cut the trees in a coordinating cardstock.  I adhered the die-cut white frame to the sparkly cardstock and adhered the coloured images.  For the trees, I trimmed and arranged to look like a forest scene, with a hand-cut faux snowbank.  For even more sparkle, I added Icicle Stickles on the whipped cream, bunny's hat trim, and faux snowbank.  Lastly, I adhered three punched snowflakes.

My card was inspired by the Holiday theme at Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge 187:


I was also inspired by the following challenges:
Die Cut Divas AG Winter or Christmas 1/4
Incy Wincy Christmas 1/5
Scribbles Designs 114 TREEmendous (use one or more trees) 1/3
Simon Says Stamp Monday Freezing Cold Mood Board 1/5
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes 1/5
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle UE
Word Art Wednesday 571-572 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 2/5
Your Scrapbook Place December AG 1/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a peaceful and carefree day!

18 comments:

Arlene said...

Very cute and I love all the glitter and sparkle. So glad you could join us this month at Die Cut Divas for some die cutting and Winter or Christmas themed cards.

Cynthia said...

Awww, this is adorable! Love the glittery background and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

papierelle said...

Oh I love your card. You have created a sparkling, glittering winter world and the motifs go so well with it. I also love that you kept the card monochrome. For me it's a winning card!!

Dthielker said...

So sparkly and beautiful! Love your style and all your lovely cards dear FRIEND, they always make me smile!

Dthielker said...

PS I'm on my tablet, this is Donna

jimlynn said...

This sparkles so much that I can see it all the way down here in Texas! SOOOO precious and pretty! I love all the blue and the way you used all the stamps. Outstanding!
Lynn

Amy said...

I LOVE all the sparkle on your card and all the blue! It is so gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

Indy's Designs said...

Lovin' all the sparkles and all the fun holiday elements! The light blue is so pretty! So glad you joined our Holiday Theme Challenge at Inky Paws!
Hugs,
Debbie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Dear Kitty, I don't know why, but blogger ate my comment! Grrr... So I try again.
Absolutely adorable card so peaceful and sweet in blue tones and with all the sparkling!! I really adore this sweater bunny, and I remember just now that I have some already stamped in my stash!! :D Yay! ;D
Your colouring is awesome, and look at those tiny doodled points on his sweater! So cute! Love all the stickles added on the hat, the cup and the snow-bank, and such lovely trees!! I really like the palette, the whole design and your tiny blue snowflakes! Love, love, love!!
I wish you all the best for the days ahead my sweet friend! Sending love, hugs and prayers on your way!

terrie said...

Love the sparkly card and the window scene....the card is so pretty Kitty....TFS

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, Kitty, I love this card! The shades of blue with the glitter... just perfect for the holidays!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really gorgeous Kitty, I adore that blue sparkly background.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Kristine said...

WOW, so sparkly and pretty! Love this card :)

Marjeta said...

Beautiful sparkly card.

Fikreta said...

Its gorgeous card!

Andrea W said...

Loving all the sparkle!

Carol L said...

The sparkle on this card looks amazing and so festive! Great use of that little window die and believe it or not, I have that same snowflake punch after all these years!

Suze said...

Beautiful card Kitty. The glitter paper makes it look like it is snowing - great choice. Thank you for entering the Most Treemendous TIme of the Year Challenge at Scribbles Designs and apologies for the late comment.