Friday, November 11, 2022

Retro Kitty Countdown 11

Hi, everybody!  Today I'm sharing one of my retro kitty countdown cards!  I have been making a set of 25 countdown cards to be given in December as a Countdown to Christmas.  The recipient will open one each day in December similar to an advent calendar.  Note that I have not been making them in numerical order. This one is #11.


The cute mistletoe kitty clipart is from my friend Kym at By Vintage Design, and I adhered a die-cut bow (Poppystamps Lovely Gift Bow) at the top of the mistletoe.  I mounted the image on brown cardstock and layered it on a die-cut doily from my stash.  The vintage number is from Gecko Galz The 12 Days of Christmas, and I tucked it above a sentiment saying, "I'm the official mistle tester," from Scribbles Designs, die-cut into a banner shape (Gina Marie Designs Drop Pennant).  The candy-patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly.

My card design was inspired by Sketch 28 at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge, and their link-up is in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook Group.
I was also inspired by the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:
Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards (M for Mistletoe)
Creative Knockouts 478 Christmas Delight 1/3 C10
Gecko Galz November Retro Christmas UE
Taylormadecards4u Pink Christmas 1/3
The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up 94 AG Christmas Optional Patterned Paper 4/10
Word Art Wednesday 569-570 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 2/5 wk1

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joy-filled day!

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

That kitty is one of the best I've ever seen. So precious and cute and she/he looks great mounted on top of the doily!
Lynn

Suzanne H said...

Look at that kitty's face. Terrific papers to go with it. You look like you made it in time to win at Beccy's race. Congrats.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, I just love this kitty, such adorable eyes and fur!! Your design looks fabulous to enhance the image!! Love the doily behind the kitty and the precious bow with its gem! Beautiful paper, banner and vintage number! Another retro kitty countdown card for your goal, now you have only eight to go! :)
I have seen you posted twice today, I'm going to read the next post! :)
Thanks for making me now about CCC!
Hugs, love and peace, dear Kitty!

Donna said...

What a sweet card, darling retro kitty and fabulous background paper and embellishing!

Beccy said...

Awww, that's one cute little fluff ball! Love the vintage image, you've done a great job adding items that coordinate nicely with the colours. The number tag is fabulous, that also has a great retro feel.
Another one down Kitty!
Cheers,
Beccy

terrie said...

This is one of the cutest images I've seen, and you did a great job placing it just right on your card...The little doily add such a soft touch to the card, so pretty.

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable image, great use of the sketch, love the background paper. fab. job.