Thursday, October 6, 2022

Retro Kitty Countdown 23

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing another card in my series of retro kitty countdown cards.  I explained what they are on this post.  My goal is to finish 25 of them by the end of November so I'm making them a priority.  Note that I have not made them in any order, so I still have about 10 more to make.


My card design was inspired by The Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge:


I don't generally make square cards so I made mine rectangular and also flipped the corner embellishments to the opposite side.  

The adorable and sweet mistletoe kitty is from my friend Kym at By Vintage Design,.  I inked around the image with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I die-cut the image into a circle and mounted on a red glitter circle (both Die-mond Dies).  Following the sketch, I mounted the circle on a die-cut square of snowflake paper and then sheet music paper (both from Cosmo Cricket).  

I used thin scraps of red glitter cardstock to make a frame according to the sketch and adhered some gold-coloured holly leaves (from my old Dollarama stash) at the corners, along with some red gems.  For my retro countdown number 23, I die-cut with a circle from a 6x6 Christmas paper pad (can't remember which pad I used, sorry).  Lastly I adhered a self-made sentiment (Microsoft Word).

I would also like to join the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:

ABC Christmas Sept 14 S for Snow UE (snowflake paper)
DL.ART October Linky AG UE
Jan's Digistamps October AG 1/5
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2240 AG 1/3
Show Us Your Pussycats 82 Furrything Goes UE
Simon Says Stamp Happy World Card Making Day
Snippets Playground 438 AG using Scraps/Snippets (red glitter cardstock for frame and circle)
The 12 Months of Christmas Linkup 93 AG w Optional Colour Challenge 1/10
Word Art Wednesday 563-564 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful and carefree day!

26 comments:

Donna said...

This is so cute Kitty, great design with the darling kitty, music sheet in the background and the glitter paper! And glad you joined in Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge!

Fikreta said...

oh this is super cute card!

Liz said...

Your card is so cute, Kitty. xx

Alyson Mayo said...

So adorable - love the music note background you used :)

Sandra said...

Love it!!! So cute! Thanks for joining the Outlawz Sketch challenge!!

Donna Walls said...

Vintage Christmas images are so lovely and this kitty is adorable. I hope you make your goal this year and we're cheering you on! Thanks for playing along in the challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps, we appreciate the support!
Donna xx

jimlynn said...

This is adorable with that musical score background. Love your card!
Lynn

Wendy said...

Look at that adorable little kittie! I love all of your patterned papers and your card layout. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Fabiola said...

c'est adorable, très mignonne scène, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

Debi said...

Hi Kitty! I like the red/white color scheme for the background against the colored kitty ornament. It really makes it stand out.

Sarn said...

Oh that's cute!
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground! After you've finished playing on the swings, come find me up in the Treehouse Bar and I'll treat you to a nice hot chocolate with extra marshmallows xxx

Ayla said...

Ohh me encanta tu tarjeta con ese gatito tan dulce :D. A mi me gusta mucho como ha quedado en rectángular.
Besote!!!!

Andrea W said...

This card is just darling! You have such a great collection of vintage images and I love the sentiment you used.

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh your card is adorable, I love it!! Thanks for joining the Outlawz Sketch challenge.

terrie said...

Love your retro kitty card...well done on the sketch and change its size.

Jan Mahew said...

Adorable kitty, Karen! Thank you for sharing your beautifully composed Christmas card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. The mistle toe and bow...
purrrr-fect! Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Ilonka said...

So beautiful your card. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Outlaws "Wednesday Sketch Challenge"
Hugs Ilonka DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awww... Such delightful vintage feel for this card!! Wow! LOVE the mistletoe kitty and your design looks wonderful with the glitter circle and musical note sheet paper, the red glitter stripes and those gold holly leaves with the gem berries in the corners! So cute and elegant!!
Sending you BIG hugs and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, dear friend. I'm so happy you got some rain, yay!!! God always hears prayers!

Di said...

What an adorable card - such a cute image as well!

Hugs

Di xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cutie, my arms are aching to cuddle.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lena said...

What a darling kitty. You always find the sweetest kitty images for your cards :-)
Another Christmas winner!
Enjoy your evening.
Hugs,
Lena

Pamela Duncan said...

Beautifully done~ Thanks for joining us on Jan's Digital Stamp Blog Challenge. Pam, DT

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

So sweet! Purrific card! :)

Suzanne H said...

So cute! I hope you do a lineup of all of them when you have them completed. I'd love to see them all together.

Fikreta said...

me again :D
thank you for playing at SUYP-cats only challenge!
Hope to see you again!
Good luck!
Fiki

Suze said...

Adorable card Kitty. Love the kitty image you used. Thank you for entering the Colour Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.