Monday, January 24, 2022

Holiday Hello Penguin

Hello, everyone!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Ayla Oso - thank you for joining me!  If you could please include a link to your blog in the comments below, I will hop over and follow you too!  

Today I'm sharing a holiday card in my favourite colour - pink!  The cute penquin, cup, and bow are a pre-coloured digital from Peachy Keen Stamps.  I added clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle to the penquin's bow and then fussy-cut all of the images; with the penguin being adhered with foam tape.  


The embossing folder is Simon Says Stamp Filigree Snowflakes and I used a Recollections snowflake punch on a scrap of white cardstock.  The stitched pink squares and strips were leftovers (scraps/ snippets) from my quilt-inspired cards here and here.  I added some scraps of patterned paper and stamped a sentiment from Your Next Stamp.

My card design was inspired by Sketch Saturday 692:


I was also inspired by the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:
ABC Christmas A for Anything Christmas UE
Caffeinated Christmas Cards 1 Snowflakes plus Coffee/Tea UE

Crafts Galore Encore January AG 2/3
Snippets Playground 420 - Ruby's Memory Scraps/Snippets (as described above) 1E C10

Word Art Wednesday 527-528 AG w Uplifting Sentiment Wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful and carefree day!

14 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty! I'm so happy to see another cute card from you! That penguin is really adorable with that sparkling bow and you made for her a very sweet design! Love the little stitched squares and the stripes, well done with the leftovers! Gorgeous embossing too!!
Sending you lots of love and positive vibes!! Take care!
Hugs!

Sarn said...

Very sweet card following the sketch.

Come up to the playground treehouse for a coffee and some almond cookies!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Kitty! This card is adorable! I love the layout of your card, and the pretty pink and white colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT

Barbara Godden said...

What a sweet penguin, great take on the sketch and love the colours. Fabulous job. love it.

Macimbalo said...

Perfect card for the CCCC Challenge! Thanks for sharing!

~amy~ said...

Love all the pink!
Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

Chandhini said...

I love the way you use scraps. This one is such a sweet monochrome card.

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Kitty, I adore the colour palette you have used. The penguin is so adorable.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

So beautiful! Love the colors and the sweet penguin! Such a fabulous card! Hope you are feeling well and having a good week! :)

Alyson Mayo said...

And another adorable card using the same sketch... the penguin is too cute for words. Great use of tiny images in the corner blocks :)

Di said...

So cute! What more can I say - love this card!

Hugs

Di xx

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful card, I love your Kitty. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Fikreta said...

Love it!
its super cute!

Helen said...

So cute!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x