Friday, February 19, 2021

Fishing Bear

Hi, everybody!  We're already on the third weekly challenge of this month's 8th birthday celebration over at Imagine That Digistamp!  This week's theme is Birthday - Tags. These challenges have been a great way to get some birthday cards made. 


I made a coordinating card and tag with Imagine That Digistamp - Fishing Bear using the precoloured version.  Before printing, I digitally placed the bear in front of a pond scene and then placed a sky behind that.  I printed two copies, one for the card and one for the tag.  You will notice the colours on the card are more vibrant than the tag.  I used matte photo paper for the card but regular cardstock for the tag.  The matte photo paper makes a big difference but it's more expensive so I use it sparingly.  

For the card, I die-cut the scene with a stitched rectangle and layered it on to a black panel.  I created a punny sentiment in Word, fussy-cut and adhered.  Lastly I adhered a punched dragonfly, to which I added a black gem.

For the tag, I digitally added the sentiment (Polkadot Orchard - Dropping a Line) and die-cut a stitched tag.  I also added doodled stitching as the die-cut stitching didn't show up well.  I finished the tag by stapling some black ribbon.

I would also like to join the following challenges:

2 Crafty Critter Crazies February Critters 5/5
https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/2021/02/february-challenge-sponsored-by-beccys.html

https://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2021/02/challenge-202.html

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2021/02/dlart-february-2021-linky-challenge.html

http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/2021/02/pennys-challenge-490.html

The Outlawz Festive Friday Anything Goes (Birthday) UE
https://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/friday-color/forum/topics/festive-fridays-february-19-march-4

The Paper Shelter 457 Shades of Blue 1E
https://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/2021/02/challenge-457-shades-of-blue.html

http://cinspirations.blogspot.com/2021/01/january-february-challenge-animal-antics.html

Word Art Wednesday 479-480 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 Wk1
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2021/02/anything-goes-weeks-479-480.html

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

NOTE:  I am still way behind in my blog visiting, but I will eventually make it to see you.  Thank you for your patience.

23 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi KT Fit Kitty! Your matching card and tag set is super cute! That matte photo paper sure does make a stunning difference. Of course, these are a perfect fit for the 2CCC challenge! Thanks for sharing with us, my friend! :)

~Marie B -DT

BDCraftsMore said...

This card & tag set is so "beary" cute!!! Totally awesome sauce!! You did a wonderful job on this set!!
This is Brian from Penny's Challenge Blog :) Thank you for entering our challenge!!

Gail said...

Wow These are amazing! Love this fishing bear and what you have done with the backgrounds -- lovely work!

cotnob said...

A super card and matching tag, you have created a lovely scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bunny said...

These are super cute. Love the image and how colorful they are.

Don't come a calling to my blog. I know you send me hugs when you can. [Bunny]

Suzanne H said...

I love both the card and the tag! I've never created a scene digitally and this looks terrific. That bear is adorable. Great idea to create a tag and card. I wish I had thought of that :)

Donna said...

Fabulous card and such talent creating the scene on your computer, I don't have that talent-very impressive. Don't worry about catching up on comments on my blog. Take care of you!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! What a gorgeous card and tag Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Debi said...

Wonderful, my friend! Love both. Hugs, Debi

Donna said...

Oh wow! This is just so adorable! I don't think I have this one from Imagine that so I'm going to make note just in case I win a gift certificate. Super cute and such a great male image. Love your scene. Hope your weather improves. We are going to get a bit of a break from the extreme cold starting tomorrow. Tom wants to visit his Dad this week so that means we'll be quarantining after we get home. Stay safe and warm!

DIANA L. said...

Very cute great guy card I looked for a kitty , did I miss it? I love it.
Thank you for joining the DL.ART February 2021 Linky challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

aussie aNNie said...

ooh these are so so adorable, brilliant colours take care. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kitty! Your card and tag are so cute and fun! You have made a great work building them digitally, wow! Love the different look of the photo matt and normal papers, the are both lovely! Adding the punny words in black&white on the card looks so pretty! And the stapled ribbon of the tag is a beautiful touch!
Big hugs my friend, have a lovely Sunday!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and tag design with that cute fishing bear. They make a great set.

Barbara Godden said...

Both are fabulous, great design, (I need to learn how digitally add) The bear is so cute.

Pam said...

Oh howw CUTE! My husband likes to fish and he would really like these!
I love the cute bears.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lena said...

What a lovely set of card and gift tag. One lucky recipient will not only love it, but treasure it too. Your colouring is phenomenal! Love it!
Stay safe and healthy.
Hugs,
Lena

Fikreta said...

card is tag are so nice!
hugs

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a great way to see the difference between your two paper types! Incredible! You've created two wonderful projects with perfect scenes for the adorable image.Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Superbe ensemble et magnifique coloration.
Félicitations pour avoir remporté The Paper Shelter Challenge.
MaryannG

Kristine said...

Kitty, these are AMAZING!! Those backgrounds are so perfect for this guy! He was one of my first digis, and I wasn't as good with sentiments back then, LOL! You've found the perfect combos, great job! And yes, that matte photo paper ROCKS, I personally prefer hand colored images to my printed pre-colored because of the faded quality it prints on cardstock. But I've never tried it on the photo paper. Yes, more expensive, but prolly not more than buying a card in the store! :) It's lovely! Thanks so much for participating in my birthday challenges last month. ♥ Kristy

Maria Valente said...

Such a pretty design!
Hugs Mary

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! PROGRESSIVE challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper