Saturday, December 12, 2020

Sending Holiday Smiles

Hi, everyone!  I have another holiday card to share.  This is another one I found in my unfinished file from last December.  Everything was ready to go so it came together quickly.

The kitty is from Gecko Galz - Candy Cane Lane Collage Sheet, which I enlarged and fussy-cut so I could pop her up on foam tape.  The snowy background scene is from The Paper Shelter - Most Adorable Snowman set, which I layered on red glitter paper.  I stamped a sentiment (Simon Says Stamp Christmas Kitties) and then dry-embossed a teal panel with Darice Snowflake Background 5x7".  I adhered the square panel, added a white die-cut Celebrate banner (Die-Versions Express Banners Celebrate) and a number of snowflake sequins in white and teal.

Here's another view so you can see the sparkle:


I would like to support the following 8 challenges:
ABC Christmas Y is for Your Favourite Things (embossing folders, cute animals)   http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/12/abc-christmas-challenge-y-z-are-for.html
Dare 2B Artzy Holiday Fun 3/3  http://blog.dare2bartzy.com/december-challenge-holiday-fun-2/
Double D Santa Hat 2/3  http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2020/12/santa-hats-challenge.html
Gecko Galz December Once Upon a Christmas UE  http://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2020/12/gecko-galz-december-challenge.html
Let's Squash It 3 Use any embossing folder and dies/fussy-cutting (I did all 3!) 2/3    https://letssquashit.blogspot.com/2020/12/challenge-3-use-any-embossing-folder.html

Simon Says Stamp Monday Favourite Technique 4/5 (embossing folders - I use them on the majority of my cards. I never gave up on them, even when they weren't trendy)  https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=22211
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Let it Snow 4/5  https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-let-it-snow-3/
The Paper Shelter 10th Birthday Special Celebration 3/3  https://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/2020/12/the-paper-shelters-10th-birthday.html

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

28 comments:

Spyder said...

Aw, he's a cutie little pussy cat! And I love all your cards along the top of your blog! I am back from Dog land and back into blogland but everything is sooooo way ahead now, I've been gone longer that I thougght! I've realised I've a lot of cat-ching up to do!
((Lyn))

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful designed project using the description of our mood board.
Many thanks for entering your gorgeous card into our challenge of SANTA HATS.", at Double D challenges…
Good luck in the draw and hope to see you here again.

[aNNie design team member for Double D Challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Chandhini said...

The celebrate banner due is so eye catchy. Such a cheerful card.

Diane said...

Adorably cute image and card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

cotnob said...

Another lovely Christmas card, an adorable image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna said...

Darling card,like this sweet image and your design is beautiful!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Christmas card and just love the little kitty.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gail said...

Well look at that - finishing up a card with all elements ready - I love it when a plan comes together - turned out beautiful! TFS

Darlene said...

OMG so, so cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Santa Hats’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So glad you finished also this card, Kitty! Such delightful little cat, and he seems to have a lot of fun, too! Great design with the Celebrate diecut hanging by the top and the glittered mat! Lovely snowy EF and sequins!
Big hugs!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so darn cute & pretty Kitty. I am glad you got round to putting it together.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Margreet said...

Great card with that lovely cat!
xxx Margreet

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable card and don't you love it when you find enough parts to finish a card, (I have 8 that need sentiments) That kitty is so cute. great design and colours.

Dotty Jo said...

Did you hear me 'sqeeeee' with delight at this little cutie? What a sweet, sweet card. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Fikreta said...

oh this is super cute card!
hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

Adorable kitty and I love his candy cane sleigh!

Andrea W said...

Your card is darling! I love the celebrate banner and the image is super cute.

Donna said...

This is darling! That kitty is adorable on his sled. Love the texture of the embossing folder and the fun banner. Great card!

Kathy Krug said...

What a cute image and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Cards By MI said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter bloghop/challenge.
Love n hugs
Marie

Bunny said...

This is such a sweet card. I love that kitty. [Bunny]

Mrs A. said...

I do love all the sweet kitty cards that you make. You never seem to tire of them which is great for us. Hugs Mrs A.

Karenladd said...

This card just makes my heart smile!! I love the sweet little vintage kitty and the background, embossed card base, and color combo are all so cheery. I'm so glad you finished this one, because it's a keeper!

Lena said...

What a sweet kitty. And riding a candy cane sled. How fun! Love it!
Merry Christmas,
Lena

Pam said...

I just love this darling Christmas card! It has a vintage look to me. I love the embossed background and the die cut banner! The red glitter mat is just the righht amount of sparkle and the little kitty is just adorable playing in the snow!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

ionabunny said...

Very cute cat on candy and lovely snowflakes. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet kitty image and I love the layers you added! So glad this sweetie made it over to Let's Squash It!!