Monday, June 29, 2020

Double Trouble 60 - Something, Anything, Everything

Hello, everybody! We have a new challenge for you at Double Trouble Paper Crafting! You may remember that I am a Crazy Cousin (Guest Designer) this month.  This is my final post as Crazy Cousin, and I have enjoyed myself!

Our challenge is a fan favourite - Something, Anything, Everything - so I hope you'll be inspired to join us!  There are always some optional twists ("Things") to cause you trouble, so please head over to Challenge 60 for all the details and inspiration from the Design Team.  In the meantime, here's a brief summary:


Thing 1 is easy, so just have fun!  Thing 2 is to pair with a previous Double Trouble partner, so I chose Crafting Happiness. Their theme is Always Anything Goes, so again, easy and fun.  For Thing 3, since I'm in Canada, the colour combo of red, white, and blue does not have the significance it has in the U.S.; however, I adore these colours for winter holiday cards!  I aim for making two holiday cards a month, and this is my second.


My card started with a Distress Oxide background using the watercolour ink-smooshing technique.  I stamped the snowman, coloured with markers, and fussy-cut so I could pop him up on foam tape.  I die-cut the cover plate in white glitter cardstock and the tree border in white.  I stamped the sentiment on a blue scrap and hand-cut a banner on each end.  To finish the card, I adhered a number of red snowflake sequins.

Clear stamps:  Snowman (Your Next Stamp Snow Much Fun), sentiment (Your Next Stamp Waddles Winter Wonderland)
Dies:  Hello Bluebird Winter Woods Overlay, Lawn Fawn Forest Border
Ink:  Distress Oxides (Mermaid Lagoon, Tumbled Glass)
Other:  Red snowflake sequins

Here is my cute Double Trouble Crazy Cousin badge, along with the Family Tree.  Thank you to Double Trouble for having me as your Crazy Cousin this month - it was fun!


I would like to support the following challenges: Allsorts 578 So Cute 1/3; Arty Divas 24 AG 3/5; Cardz TV 117 AG 3/3; Colour Crazy Craft AG 1/2; Crafting Happiness AG UE; Crafty Catz 512 AG 1/3; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas 496 AG Optional Snowflakes UE; Creatalicious 189 AG Optional No Design Paper 3/3; Creative Craft Cottage 130 AG 4/5; Creative Fingers 189 AG 1/3; DL.ART June AG UE 1/d; DL.ART Thankful Thursday Red, White, and Blue 1/2; Gem of a Challenge 13 AG 1/3; Jan's Digi Stamps June AG 5/5; Lil Patch of Crafty Friends AG 2/3; Penny Black and More Favourite Stamps (Snowman for winter cards) 2/3; Polkadoodles 26 AG 1/3; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 2/5; The Creative Crafters 29 AG 3/3; The House That Stamps Built Repeat Impressions Anything Goes Challenge ~ J2420 2/3; The Outlawz Festive Friday Christmas UE; Through the Craft Room Door AG 1/2; Tuesday Throwdown AG 1E; Virginia's Show and Share June AG 4/4; Word Art Wednesday 444-445 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 2/5 wk2


Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

36 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, a fun snowman and you have created a super scene for him.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alyson Mayo said...

Terrific snowman card done in red, white and blue. It's hard to create a non-patriotic card using those colours but you did a fabulous job. You remind me that I need to start working on my Christmas cards!

Donna said...

Such a stunning catd, cute snowman, like how you popped him up, nice colors and the gutter paper is fabulous! Glad you shared this beauty at The House That Stamps Built!

MyAlteredRealityArt said...

Sooo cute! Love the brightness of the snowflakes. Really makes the card "pop"
Hugs from Arty Divas DT Kim❤️

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute snowman and loving your color scheme on this wintery card!
Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellibelle's Corner

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is totally cute Kitty. What a wonderful scene you have created too.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

jimlynn said...

Great cover plate die and I love your card! Fantastic.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the wonderful snowman.
Hugs
Linda xxx

terrie said...

Adorable card Kitty...well done and TFS

Bunny said...

Cute card, Kitty. I love the red and blue and the sparkle, too. [Bunny]`

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a darling winter scene you have created.

Linby said...

Great snowman card. Thanks for joining in with my So Cute challenge at Allsorts.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty! I'm here again after a very long break!
Your snowman is so cute and adorable, great design! Love the touches of the snowflake sequins and the oxides background! I always admire your oxides backgrounds!
Hope all is going well for you and family!! Mae some cuddles to your kitties from me! :)
Hugs

Heather said...

Such an adorable card! I have a smaller version of this YNS snowman, and they are both so cute!! Love the sparkle from the glitter cardstock and the shimmer from the red stars! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Kellianne said...

What a fun way to use the red, white, and blue! I immediately thought of patriotic but this Winter card is perfect! And adorable! So glad you are the crazy cousin over at Double Trouble!

Lisa Lynn said...

Love how you got the red, white and blue with that adorable snowman. Great scene and sparkle with the snowflakes.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Your card is Gorgeous!!! Love the background you made, and the pretty red snowflakes and your adorable snowman! I'm still trying to catch up on cleaning. I hear ya about cleaning up after our furbabies. Some days I wonder if I have elephants in the house or cats! lol...

brenda said...

Such a fun card, many thanks for joining in with our 'So Cute' theme at Allsorts challenge this week. Hope all is well at your end during these very strange times.

B x

Chris said...

Beautiful Christmas card, fun snowman, great design and lots of sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

Janis Lewis said...

Cute snowman card. Thank you so much for playing along at my Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your snow scenery and the pop of the red snowflakes randomly placed...fun and adorable card. Thanks for being our Crazy Cousin this month, we loved all your inspiration for each of our challenges. Thanks again.

Tone K. said...

So cute! :) I like the red snowstar! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at a Creatalicious! :)


Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet little snow scene! I love those shimmery, red snowflakes! Thanks for playing along at The House That Stamps Built!

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable snow scene, love the colour combo. and the snowman is adorable.

Jan Mahew said...

Karen, You can almost feel the frost in the air... Refreshing any way with the Hot summer sunshine. Thank you for sharing your invigorating creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. HAPPY CRAFTING!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Fikreta said...

so adorable card!
hugs

Lena said...

I love the wintry scene you created, Kitty. You're definitely on your way to increasing your Christmas card stash :-) The snowman is adorable and I love the background you created. Beautiful with the pops of red!
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

DIANA L. said...

Such a cute winter scene, Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Red White and Blue Challenge

aussie aNNie said...

A most beautiful set of dies used and a fabulously designed card.xx

Suze said...

Lovely card. Those vibrant snowflakes look great against the oxide background. Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Melanie Hungerford said...

You've been a great Crazy Cousin! I love your patriotic colored snowman and the red stars!
Melanie

Cindy Groh said...

I saw some cute cat cards on SB.com and TOTALLY thought of you.
I hope it's okay to send the link this way. If not email me.
https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image&id=6532819&type=layout

I have another set of kitty cards coming on my cre8ivecindy blog soon.
Anyway, have a great weekend.
Cindy Groh

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Mari said...

Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

Donna Scholz said...

Love your card! You made the use of red/white/blue to create a "cool" scene for the holiday season. July is always when I start making my cards for Christmas, too. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Margo said...

Such a lovely card.
Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge and the best of luck with your entry
Greetz
Margo DT