Friday, December 6, 2019

Snow Birds - Set of 4 Cards

Hello, everyone!  I recently won over at Artsystamper Digitals Challenge, and I chose a gorgeous set from TheArtsystamperShop called Snow Birds as my prize (thank you, Beverly)!  I fell in love with this set so I got to work right away!


All four images in the set are gorgeous, so I made a set of four cards!  I opted to use the pre-coloured images, and I added Frantage embossing powder to each image for a snowy look!

Card 1 - Chickadee

I die-cut the chickadee with a wonky stitched oval and then layered it on a die-cut lacy oval, which is popped up on foam tape.  The patterned paper is from BoBunny Woodland Winter Collection. The die-cut bow is Poppystamps Lovely Gift Bow, and I added a blue gem to the center.  The sentiment stamp is from Poppystamps You Melt My Heart. I fussy-cut the name of the bird and adhered it to the oval, and then finished off the card by adhering three blue snowflake sequins.  My card design was inspired by this sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday:



Card 2 - Blue Jay

I die-cut the blue jay with a dotted square and layered it on a black square.  The die-cut bow is Poppystamps Prim and Proper Bow.  The blue panel is embossed with snowflakes and popped up on foam tape, and the white panel is embossed with evergreen boughs. I fussy-cut the name of the bird and adhered to the square.  I added a blue gem to the center of the blow and three black gems according to the sketch below.  I finished off the card by adhering three blue snowflake sequins. My card design was inspired by this sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday:



Card 3 - Cardinal

I die-cut the cardinal with a framed square.  The patterned paper is from BoBunny Mistletoe Collection, and the green glitter cardstock is from Dollarama.  I fussy-cut the name of the bird and adhered it to the square, and added three red gems in the opposite corner. I finished off the card by adhering three green snowflake sequins.  My card design was inspired by Sketch Saturday 592 and I chose Sketch 228:



Card 4 - Bird Feeder

I die-cut the image with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles - these rectangles are stitched inside and outside the cut line so I used partial die-cutting to achieve the size I wanted.  I layered the image onto green cardstock and popped it up with foam tape. The patterned paper is from BoBunny Mistletoe Collection, and the embossing folder is Couture Creations Sugarplum Ball.  The pine cone and pine needles are freebies over at the Artsystamper Art Group Facebook Group. I merged the images, fussy-cut, and adhered. I added Stardust Stickles to the snowy roof and edge of the bird feeder.   I stamped a sentiment from Your Next Stamp and finished off the card by adhering three green snowflake sequins.  My card design was inspired by the sketch over at Creative Sketchy Girls Challenge 42:



Here's the set of Snow Birds digitals from TheArtsystamperShop that I used.


Enabler Alert: Through December 24, purchase any Christmas set from TheArtsystamper Shop and receive Seaside Holiday FREE!


More Photos



Challenges
I would like to support the following challenges:  2 Crafty Critter Crazies AG w Animals 3/5; A Perfect Time to Craft AG UE; ABC Christmas Z for Zigzags (Card 3) UE; Artsystamper Digitals 5 Winter Holiday 2/3; Arty Divas 10 AG 1/5; Aud Sentiments Christmas or Winter Sentiment 3/5; Brown Sugar AG 1/2; Cardz TV 104 AG 1/3; Crafting by Designs December AG 1/3; Crafts Galore Encore AG 3/3; Crafty Catz AG Optional Last Minute Christmas 1/3; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas AG Optional Things with Wings UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper December UE; Creatalicious 176 AG Optional Winter 3/3; Creative Fingers 176 AG 3/3; Cute Card Thursday AG UE; Die Cut Divas Get Ready for Winter/ Christmas 3/4; DL.ART December Linky UE 1/d; Double Trouble Wrap it Up (Card 1 - Thing 1--Patterned Paper; Thing 2-- Link up at Artsystamper; Thing 3--Include Ribbon or Bow) 2/4; Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday All Creatures Great and Small 1/3; ITD Creative Playground AG 1/3; Incy Wincy Christmas Without Red and Green (Card 1 and Card 2) 1/5; Kat Scrappiness Happy Holidays UE; Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 119 AG 1/3; Let's Craft and Create Let it Snow 1/3; Mod Squad Non-Traditional Christmas (Card 1 and Card 2) 1/3; Penny's Paper-Crafty AG 1/3; Polkadoodles 49 AG 1/2; Poppystamps Merry Craftmas (Card 1 and Card 2) 3/3; Simon Says Stamp Monday Let's Sparkle (glitter cardstock, gems, snowflake sequins - Card 3) 2/5; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Traditional Christmas 1/5; Tales from the Craft Room It's Christmas 1E; The 12 Months of Christmas Optional Layer it Up 5/10; The Outlawz Festive Friday Christmas UE; The Paper Funday AG Optional Christmas Holiday 1/4; Through the Craft Room Door AG 1/2; Winter Wonderland AG 1/3; Word Art Wednesday 416-417 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

12-19


Thank you for looking at my set of cards!  Wishing you a joyful day!

54 comments:

Bunny said...

These are all absolutely beautiful. I love birds and each one of these come to our feeder. Lovely images and a nice win. [Bunny]

Migdalia said...

WOW! They are ALL Beautiful!!!Beautifully done!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Migdalia's Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

These are awesome Kitty, I do love birds and these are fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

All 4 cards are beautiful, Kitty. Gorgeous details and colors!
xxx Margreet

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Congratulations, KT! I saw that set and fell in love immediately! And that seaside set is gorgeous! Your cards each turned out beautifully! hugs, de

Kathie said...

Stunning cards Kitty, I love how you tried both of my sketches and each card looks totally amazing. I love the colours and all your added embellishments and that sweet image. Great cards and thanks so much for sharing them with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.

Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Fikreta said...

these cards are so beautiful!
hugs

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this time and good luck :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic designs with the digital sets. And, you dressed each card up so well with all the extra touches. I thought about getting the bird set myself but so far I have not gotten lot of sets as I was not sure if I could manage to create well with them. But I think I might have to order more one day. Most likely after I recoup my bank account after Christmas. Thanks for sharing these as they are very inspiring to me.

Mia said...

What a gorgeous selection, Kitty!!!
And:
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at 2CCC. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Donna said...

Beautiful cards and I love that all four are different sketches. Gorgeous colors. What a wonderful gift this would make!

Liz said...

Fabulous cards, Kitty and a great take on the sketches. xx

jimlynn said...

Love the frantage on these! Beautiful images and gorgeous cards - ALL of them!
LYnn

Donna said...

These are beautiful images and your designs and embellishing are stunning! Like the Frantage embossing powder, it is fabulous!

Alyson Mayo said...

Every single one of these is stunning! They so perfectly represent birds in the winter months. Superb work :)

Joy Wilson said...

Wonderful cards! I love having cards ready to go and often makes sets too! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Lisa Lynn said...

Kitty those birds are gorgeous! All of those layouts are beautiful. Winter nature is wonderful for Christmas cards and you rocked those cards.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Congrats, Kitty and I love what you've done with those birds. Thanks for letting me know about my TTCRD win! xoxo

Tone K. said...

Really pretty cards! so beautiful birds :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Sue McRae said...

Lots of great textures and layers on your cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

Gail said...

Stunning work each and everyone of these beautiful bird cards well done!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous cards, nothing nicer on a holiday card than birds (unless it's a snowman) All cards are beautifully designed.

Regina said...

Delightful collection, well conceived and nicely executed
Thank you for your entry at Paper Funday Challenge Regina DT

KandA said...

Congrats on your win and what a lovely set of stamps. Four gorgeous cards and all beautifully coloured xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh WOW, Kitty!!! You amazing me with your skills to pick four different sketch and made a fabulous set of Christmas cards with an unique bird theme!!! I'm not able to do this!! The images are so sweet and delightful, well done on your won!! Love all the cards in the set and the frantage you added makes them more festive and snowy!!! Love the choice of papers and the embossed layer in the blue jay one!! Great works!!
Hugs dear friend!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Four delightful creations Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cass said...

Beautiful collection for cards. with pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Mrs A. said...

You have matched the birds and design papers perfectly. . I have those first three birds images myself. Hugs Mrs A.

DIANA L. said...

Thank you for joining the DL.ART December LINKY challenge
This is really a pretty set of cards Karen!! I love it.
Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

tilly said...

a beautiful set of cards and layouts, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
Tilly

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful pre-colored bird images and love the snow you added along with your bow and pretty patterned paper. Beautiful set of cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and ArtsyStamper.

pam said...

Fabulous cards.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps Challenge Blog.
Pam x

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards, beautiful images and great designs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

terrie said...

Oh my goodness Kitty these 4 cards are gorgeous, beautiful, fantastic and awesome....you did a great job putting them together, what a lovely set of bird cards....I love them all well done my friend.

Cindy C. said...

Bravo, what a gorgeous set of cards! Great coloring on these beautiful birds! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this December at Die Cut Divas.

Patti said...

Congratulations on your win Kitty! and it is the gift that keeps on giving because you have created THE most delightful cards ever!! I love each design and the ways you highlighted these incredible birds!!

Tina said...

All cards are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Poppy challenge blog. Tina

Cinderella said...

Hello
What a set of gorgeous cards I love them all
And thank You so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge .
Good Luck

Hugs and Creativity
Cinderella https://cinderellasdreamcardsblog.blogspot.com/
Xx

Furrbster said...

These are all absolutely stunning - what a fabulous prize!

Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Susan Renshaw said...

Four lovely cards!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Ellibelle said...

These are all amazing creations! Loving those bird images!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about "All creatures Great and Small"!
Ellibelle's Corner

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - WONDERFUL cards!
LOVE your new images and pretty variety of designs!
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

Crafting with Darcy said...

Kitty, I love all your bird cards! I think my fav might be the blue jay! I think I will have to go check out those Snow Birds that you won! They are fabulous! Your card designs are amazing as always!
Hugs!
Darcy

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

What a gorgeous set of holiday cards. Love all the designs. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2. AJ DT SSW2

Jonnece said...

Wow what fantastic set of cards. I love the snow bird images. Thanks for joining us at Lets Craft and Create. Jonnece DT.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW fabulous collection of cards....love all your birds
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Tina said...

I'm a bird lover and I love all of these cards. They are super cute! Thank you for joining us at Poppystams challenge. Tina

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards. Thank you for joining the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge and Creative Fingers

Karenladd said...

It's no wonder you chose that set as your prize because the images are so beautiful. The layered papers and embossing powder add wonderful texture.

Janice said...

A great selection of cards. Thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland Christmas challenge, hope you can join us again soon - Janice DT

MadeByMeghanK said...

I LOVE THEM ALL! Especially the bluebird one! WOW! Thank you for joining the Challenge at Kat Scrappiness! Please come again!- DT Meghan Kennihan Visit my blog - MadeByMeghanK

Melanie said...

A lovely set of cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional winter” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Kreativtanten)

Jeanne J. said...

Wow! Four gorgeous cards. Bird watching is another of my hobbies and these are colored so beautifully!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at the 12 months of Christmas cards link up, Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge and Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.