Thursday, January 31, 2019

Celebration of Snippets

Hello, everyone!  Before I share my card, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Shery Russ - thank you for joining me!  If you would like to leave a link to your blog in the comments, I will be happy to hop over and follow you too!  I actually know another Shery Russ, so it's fun that there are two of you with the same name!

Today I'm participating in a special event!  Have you ever played at Pixie's Snippet Playground?  It's a place to go to show off what we've made with our snippets (scraps, leftovers), and it's hosted by the lovely Di.  Well, Di's friend Darnell has initiated a blog hop to thank Di for the 7 years she has managed the Playground, and of course I wanted to join in!

I love playing at the Snippets Playground!  I've been hanging out there since 2014.  Di has a bi-weekly linky, and she comments on every entry.  She provides an inspiration card with details on how she made it, and offers up a generous prize, out-of-pocket.  Di also has a new puppy - Dudley - and she shares a lot of cute photos and updates!  Thank you, Di, for all you do to encourage us to use our snippets!


My card features lots of snippets!  First, there's the die-cut alcohol ink background, which is a snippet from this card. I adhered it to a white panel and then a brown panel, both of which are snippets.  The die-cut buck/wreath is cut from the same brown panel.  I stamped a sentiment on a die-cut banner, also a snippet.  Lastly I added a few brown sequins.  

I would like to support the following 5 challenges:
Crafter's Castle 13 AG Optional Fun Technique (alcohol ink background) 4/4 C10
Pammie's Inky Pinkies AG 1/3 C5
Pixie's Snippet Playground 344 Lots of snippets used 1E
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 1/5
Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 wk1

I don't normally wear a flower in my hair ...
Thank you, Di!

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

35 comments:

KandA said...

Hi Kitty, what a fabulous card and such a super way to use that background snippet and that's a great die xx

Michelle said...

That background is stunning Kitty - a really brilliant card - Michelle x

Kathyk said...

Smashing use of snippets - Happy SNIPPETversary

Kathyk

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous - I love how you've used the leftover die cut background to make a new background

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous and love the design of your card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Kitty! I love your background, all inky and fabulous it is and that buck wreath is so cool and pretty. A great use of snippets and to honor Di! Hugs, Brenda

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Awesome card! Love the background design! Thank you for joining the Crafter’s Castle’s January Challenge! –Tasha ☺

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing snippet card!! Wow!! Love how you used the leftover of the alcohol ink background!!! It is really vibrant and dreaming with these colours! The clean design with the stag, wreath and banner makes the background being the star of the scene!! Lovely touch with the sequins! I'm sure that Di will be proud of your tribute for the Snippets Playground!!! :)
Hugs

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Kitty and a great use of snippets. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card and a great way to use that background.

EmmaT said...

WOW this is very dramatic with the die cut alcohol background, love it and great use of snippets. Emma

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful tribute to Di! Your background is stunning dear friend!

Bunny said...

Beautiful card in celebration of Di. I love the alcohol inks. Speaking of alcohol I think Darnell was passing out Wodka and somehow it spilled over into my blog. I'm serving coffee if needed. [Bunny]

Scrapper69 said...

So Lovely! I LOVE the Alcohol inked background... very cool masculine colors...
And I read the comment you left me and wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your hubby having a few setbacks... I totally get it as my husband had several setbacks as well after his stroke. He still has issues to this day, so I understand what you're going through... I can't imagine the struggles you must be facing as well with your health issues too... Just know I'm thinking of you and praying for you both. I know it's not easy and you can always used the support... send me a message if you ever just want to talk... Big Hugs!

Theresa

Lisa Lynn said...

Kitty, your card is gorgeous. Love the background.

Sarn said...

Hi there . . .long time no visit! Great to see you again and with a SUPER snippets card for the celebration too.

There's a slightly raucous celebration going on behind the bike sheds .. . come along if you dare! Bunny is serving coffee, and I'm serving . . . well, er, SOMETHING ELSE!
Hugs, Sarn
Stamping for Pleasure

Barbara Godden said...

What a great way to use your "stuff" that's hanging around. Lovely card, beautiful die cut.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi Kitty, this card is awesome, I adore that background, it is gorgeous.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

terrie said...

This card is awesome with the background that you made...great masculine card.
Well done as always....thanks for sharing your creations....hugs

Di said...

Wow Kitty - what a brilliant die and a super way to use up snippets.

What a surprise to find out about Darnell's blog hop - many thanks for your kind words. Needless to say I'm really deeply touched by so many wonderful friends joining in - what a wonderful gesture. Thank you so much!

Hugs

Di xx

Andrea W said...

Terrific masculine card! The die cut background looks awesome.

Pia S said...

Love the fantastic blend of colors on the background, and the card is so versatile, I think this would work for Christmas, a birthday or as a just because card.

Robyn Oliver said...

A super snippety card Kitty, what fun this Pixie group is

Megan J said...

Hi Kitty, a fun and masculine make with the alcohol inks background... great card to celebrate Miss Di and her seven years at Snippets Playground.. have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Janice said...

A gorgeous snippets card for a lovely lady!

Darnell said...

Your snippets card is sensational, Kitty! I enjoyed reading your tribute, too! Thank you so much for joining in the Hop to thank our Miss Di!! Hugs, Darnell

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, you have created a super background and I love your stags head.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Brilliant card! Ideal for men or women! Colors are excellent! Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Lori said...

Fabulous use of snippets, Kitty! The alcohol ink background is gorgeous. Love your Christmas card!

Mrs A. said...

Very eye catching. I love the colour combination. Cold and snowy here in the UK. Hugs Mrs A.

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card my friend!
hugs

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous striking card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Gail said...

Lovely alcohol ink background - hope all is well!

Lena said...

What a lovely way to use your snippets. Your card is gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration. Have a wonderful day! Hugs ~ Lena

Helen said...

Beautiful card Kitty!
Helen x