Monday, July 16, 2018

Butterfly Card using Scraps

Hello, everyone!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Tindaloo - thank you for joining me!

Today I'm sharing a butterfly thank-you card made from scraps!  I was cleaning out some of my patterned paper scraps, thinking I should "use them or lose them" and I decided to use them!


I made a stripy background and added some thin strips of metallic washi tape.  The large butterfly die-cut was also found with my scraps as it had been intended for a past project and never used.  I added Lavender Stickles all around the edge of the wings and added some gems to the body.  I stamped a small thank you sentiment with Ranger Archival Deep Purple ink and finished off the card with a few sequins.  The large butterfly is one of the first dies I ever purchased, Spellbinders Fanciful Flight.

As usual with my butterfly cards, I was inspired by Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge.  The theme for #103 is Spin the Butterfly Wheel with the Letter W, and I went with Wisteria and Washi Tape!



I would also like to support the following challenges: Cardz TV AG 1/3; Crafty Creations AG 2/2; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper July UE; DL.ART July AG Linky 1/d; DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anniversary Alt. Thank You 1/3; Jo's Scrap Shack AG 1/3; Lil Patch of Crafty Friends AG 1/3; Not Just Cards AG 1/5; Pammie's Inky Pinkies AG 1/3; Penny's Paper-Crafty AG 1/3; Simon Says Stamp Monday Add a Little Sparkle (Stickles, gems, sequins, metallic washi) 1/5; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk2 2/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

27 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and the most awesome color too. I love the purple shades used with your scraps.

cotnob said...

A pretty card, such a beautiful butterfly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna said...

How gorgeous, stunning butterfly and you can never go wrong with purple!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, I love how you've created the background and what a fabulous butterfly. xx

Andrea W said...

The large purple butterfly is delightful and I really like how you used your paper scraps. Lovely thank you card!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of your scraps, Kitty!! Me and you are on the same line in these days! :) I am too on cleaning and destashing my boxes of unused scraps and just today I have filled a box with a lot of little stripes that I want use... Your card is a delight with those monochromatic violet tones and love so much the adding of the washi tape and the sequins! They give a professional touch to your "patchwork"! Thank you so much for the inspiration, I will try to CASeing you!! :D
Your butterfly looks amazing with the glitter on the wings edges!
Pinned :) https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524497854816/

Donna Walls said...

3 of my favorite things: Purple, Butterflies and Glitter! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this round and best of luck to you! Donna F - DT Member

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The background looks amazing!! I love the gorgeous butterfly!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

terrie said...

Lovely card Kitty love the shade of purple and washi tape...well done and tfs

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! Love the purple, sparkly butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Not Just Cards.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Bunny said...

Pretty card and I really like that you used scraps. I have to de-clutter mine from time to time. [Bunny]

Pia S said...

I’ve got several boxes of scraps and it’s always so satisfactory to get used some. I keep my scraps because I love DPs and can’t get rid of anything I love. It’s very pretty abd feminine in this purple color scheme.

Mrs A. said...

So glad you decided to use them and not loose them. You have created a lovely card with them. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Butterfly card! I've been busy the last couple of days trying to do the same thing. Use my scraps or throw them!!! I made quite a few cards out of snippets. It always amazes me what you can do with just a few little pieces of paper!

Michelle said...

Wonderful way to use up your scraps Kitty - the background is gorgeous and so is the die cut butterfly - Michelle x

Sandra said...

Wonderful card, the purple is pretty and so is the butterfly. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

cass said...

Beautiful combination of papers. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a beautiful card, and such a great idea to use your scraps! :) love the shades of purple!!!

DIANA L. said...

I love the big butterfly- The wisteria sure is a beautiful color for a butterfly. I have so many butterflies and I think they are the ones I will never get rid of.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge # 232“Anniversary” or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Aimeslee Winans said...

Being an email subscriber to your posts, it is past time to leave a comment, so I let this scraps card motivate me. Wundebar and Bravo! Love it and the purples er um wisteria lol. xoxoxo

Scrapper69 said...

ISn't it wonderful to use up scraps? Your card is so pretty and I love the big Butterfly!

Theresa

Lisa Lynn said...

What a great way to use your scraps and make a gorgeous card.

katieo said...

Beautiful I love the "wing Bling" and the pretty papers. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

Fikreta said...

so nice card!
hugs

Donna Ellis said...

A card entirely from scraps? And looks oh so terribly beautiful? I am impressed, KT! A gorgeous card, and truly lovely with the paper pieced background and all done in purple, too! Lovely! hugs, de

Heather said...

This is beautiful! Fabulous patchwork background (all the papers work together perfectly) and that butterfly is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.