Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lucky Cat Wallet Card for Wealth

Hi, everyone!  I have one more project to share today!  Still miserable with the flu but I finally did some crafting!  It's a tiny wallet card, measuring 2" x 3 1/4", which is slightly smaller than a credit card. I made this for Brian, who occasionally buys lottery tickets but hasn't been very lucky.  I am planning to laminate it so he can carry it in his wallet and hopefully his luck will change!  


I'm joining Darnell's NBUS challenge again so I've used a number of items for the first time. This is a double-sided card, which I die-cut with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles. The front features Lucky Cat (also known as maneki-neko, a common Japanese figurine often believed to bring good luck/good fortune to the owner).  This stamp from Lawn Fawn's My Lucky Charm clear stamps is a NBUS item. I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils in the traditional colours of maneki-neko and then fussy-cut. I also added gold Wink of Stella on the neck charm.

Before creating an ink-blended background, I gold heat-embossed the sentiment from MFP Stamp Shop. Then I blended Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough, and Lucky Clover Distress Inks.  (Lucky Clover is a NBUS item - had it for a while and just removed the plastic!). Then I spritzed with water and added splatters of Lucky Clover - for luck!  I inked the edges with Versamark and then gold heat-embossed.


For the back I used some NBUS patterned paper from Shimell - I thought it coordinated perfectly with my ink-blended background on the front. I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn directly on the patterned paper.  The horseshoe was stamped on a snippet, coloured with watercolour markers, and fussy-cut.


I would like to join the following challenges:
  1. djkardkreations 6th NBUS Challenge Anything Goes 2/3 C5 
  2. Lori Hairston's Choux Choux Paper Arts St. Patrick's Day or Green UE 
  3. Pixie's Snippet Playground Everything on this tiny card except the patterned paper is a snippet, stamped on snippets, etc.) 1E 
  4. SUYP Lucky Kitty UE 
  5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday A Bit of Green 1/5 
Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

36 comments:

Di said...

Aw, this is lovely Kitty! If it doesn't bring good luck I don't know what else would! Sweet little cat, very much a sign used in the Far East.

Hugs

Di xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

So adorable the image is!!
Thank you so much for participating in my 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
hope you will feel better very soon!
lots of hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

MagsB said...

What a thoughtful gift, Kitty, I hope it brings your friend loads of luck! The cat image is adorable!

Get well soon!

love Mags B x

brenda said...

What a lovely gift idea Kitty and lovely colours as well. Hope you soon feel better.

B x

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

This is so lovely, and he is lucky allready to have someone in his life like you!!
♥Hugs Valentina♥

ike said...

Oh, how gorgeous that is - such a sweet kitty. I do hope it works for him :-D
Thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges and I hope you get rid of that nasty flu really soon :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Andrea W said...

Such a unique and fun idea! Sorry you feel bad, sending well wishes to you.

Patti said...

Girl! here are some great BIG germ free (((((HUGS))))) for you!! I am so sorry to hear you've been biten by the bug! Feel better freind!

Patti

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea!!!! I hope your feeling better soon!

jimlynn said...

Very creative and cute! Love both the front and back.
Uck on having the flu! Hope you feel better soon.
Lynn

Liz said...

What a great little card. I hope it brings Brian good luck!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. xx

Pia S said...

What a fun little item this is, a wallet sized good luck charm! I really like how you did the gold around the edges.

cotnob said...

This is adorable Kitty, it's bound to bring good luck.
I hope you soon feel better.
Pauline
x

Annette Allen said...

how totally FUN.. i love how you used this set and the bold border is perfect. Hope you feel better soon.. not fun being sick

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, WOW!!! This is surely a super catch-luck gift!! Brian will be millionaire with his next ticket! :D! Love your idea with this gift, it's so fun ad sweet with this cute maneki-neko!! It seems Snowie! Just purrrrfect!! ;) The front and the back match perfectly toghether!! Love these shades of green, the golden border is fabulous and such a fab horseshoe in the back! Great idea and work! Good luck also to you with the NBUS, my friend!!

Donna said...

Hope you feel better soon Kitty and that your lucky card works, it is darling!

Barb said...

What a lovely idea. It's so pretty. I hope it works. Barbxx

Tina Z. said...

ooo, so sweet ... I love the idea.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the embossed gold around the edges!! That image is so sweet!! I hope it brings good luck to Brian with lottery tickets!! Feel better soon!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

Such a sweet idea, and lovely mini gift! Kitty, I hope you are soon feeling much MUCH better. I'm sorry you have that icky stuff. Get well hugs, de

Mrs A. said...

What a lovely idea and such a cute image too. Hope your feeling better soon. Hugs Mrs A.

Petra Swart said...

What a sweet idea, Kitty!!! Your little good luck card is so cute!!! Love the sweet-as-can-be little kitty and the back is just as cute!!!
Have a great day - hope you're feeling better!!!
Hugz

Hetty said...

First i do hope you feel better soon! This flu takes way to long. And your cards are totally adorable.

Barbara Godden said...

Love your good luck kitty card, I think my hubby needs one of those. I'm sure I could enter the NBUS challenge every week for the year and not use my stuff but it's been fun. Feel better soon Kitty.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute Kitty, sorry you are still poorly I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Olga Fink said...

Gorgeous Kitty! what a great idea to have it as a lucky charm in your wallet!
I'm sorry to hear you have the flue, if it makes you feel better so do I! lol
xoxo Olga

Michele K. Henderson said...

I LOVE your lucky cat! I could use one of these too!
Take care!
Michele

marion said...

what a wonderfull idea this wallet, Brian will love it and hope it will bring luck, so happy to see you craft again, sending lots of hugs and love and please give your kitties a treat and a belly rub if they want one :), Marion

Lisa said...

So cute! Love this! Happy to see you're back to it!

Jarka Ef said...

it´s so cute :-)

terrie said...

Great to see you posting again....
I really do hope this wallet card will bring Brain lots of luck.
This wallet card turned out really nice...tfs

Diane said...

What a wonderful lucky cat design and I hope Brian's lottery tickets win.

Hugs Diane

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very sweet lucky cat, Brian's luck will turn to the better. Have a wonderful day!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Lori said...

I love that this is for Brian and his lottery attempts! It is so cute and hope it does bring him luck. You linked up another wonderful creation for my St. Pat's/Green Challenge!

Gayatri said...

Love the good luck kitty with the gold edging. Thank you for playing along Simon Says Stamp A Bit O' Green Challenge :)
Gayatri xx