Monday, July 21, 2014

Progressive Challenge - Gerda Steiner Designs

Hi, everybody - I'm back!  Well, not really - sorry!  I realized there are three progressive challenges that I enjoy playing along with each month so I came back for those.  That way I'll get next month's images for free!  We still haven't moved and I'm still struggling with my health, but I did manage to dig out some of my crafting supplies (all of which which have been moved down to the new house) to make the progressive challenge cards.  I will post the other two cards later on this week.

Before I share my card, I notice that I have 3 lovely new followers - Yay!!  A very warm welcome to Tina Teasdale, AJ Scrapbooking & Cards, and Linda Simpson - very happy to have you join me!

My card features the adorable progressive challenge image from Gerda Steiner Designs called Little Kitten in the Moving Box.  How could I resist!  It's a kitten (you all know how I love cats!) and it's in a moving box - so purrfect for me since I'm moving!  So I decided to make this card for my honey Brian to celebrate our new home together.  He actually got a bit emotional when I gave it to him!  I personalized it by including a small photo of our new house, a piece of cardboard torn from one of the moving boxes, and a tag saying "What about Snowbug?" - that's one of our little jokes! Snowbug is Brian's cat and we are a bit nervous about our 3 cats coming together.  They have not met, so we will have to introduce them very carefully!


Here are the other items used:
  • Digi sentiment:  Desert Diva freebie (thank you, Hannelie)
  • Designer Paper:  Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Recollections
  • Dies:  Memory Box Precious Hearts, Impression Obsession Birdhouse Set, Poppy Stamps Walking Cat and Kittens, All Occasion Dies Cats
  • Punch:  Heart (Michaels)
  • Colouring medium:  Prismacolor pencils
  • Accents:  Charm (my stash), Key (recycled from a package of key tags that Brian gave me)

I would like to enter the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create Anything Goes 3E #1
A Girl Who Crafts Anything Goes July 5E #1
Art by Miran Anything Goes 3E #1
Bearly Mine Let's Go Digital 2E #1 (used digital image, sentiments, and photo)
Card Mania Add a Charm 3E #1
Crafting at the Weekend Anything Goes 3E #3
Crafting by Designs July Anything Goes UE
Crafting by Designs Use a Sentiment (I used two) 5E #1
Crafts Galore Encore Use a Stamp or Digi 3E #1
Crafty Girls Anything Goes 3E #1
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper AG w Patterned Paper UE
Deep Ocean Lots of Layers UE
Digi Design Challenge Dies and/or Punches (used both) 3E #1
Digi Stamps 4 Joy For the Boys (this is for Brian) 3E #1
DL.ART Anything Goes July Linkup UE 1/day
Eclectic Ellapu Purple Challenge Anything Goes UE
Fairy Tale Use a Digi Stamp UE
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Anything Goes 4E #1
WINNER Gerda Steiner Designs July Challenge Little Kitten in the Moving Box 1E
Great Impressions Animal Friends 3E #1
Hobby Cutz Anything Goes 3E #1
Just for Fun Anything Goes 2E #1
Just Keep on Creating Anything Goes July Linkup UE
Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday 1E
My Craft Creations Anything Goes UE
Penny's Paper-Crafty Anything Goes 3E #1
ONE OF PIXIE'S PICKS Pixie's Snippet Playground Use Snippets (the strips of designer paper are snippets left over from other projects, and all the die cuts are cut from snippets in my offcuts box) 3E #1
WINNER Scrapbook Blessings Club Anything Goes 3E #1
Scribble and Scrap Always Anything Goes 3E #1
Simon Says Stamp Monday Mid-Summer's Challenge (I was inspired by our moving to a new home) 5E #1
Sister Act (Cards Only) Anything Goes UE
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Anything Goes UE
That Craft Place Anything Goes 3E #1
The Crazy Challenge Dies and Punches (used both) 4E #1
The Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover Diecuts/Punches (used both)
Through the Craftroom Door Anything Goes 2E #1
Treasured Times Anything Goes UE
Use Your Stuff Layers
Wags n Whiskers Anything Goes 2E #1
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes w Uplifting Sentiment 5E #1

Thank you for looking at my card!  I enjoy reading your comments!  Wishing you a joyful day!






Pixies Crafty Workshop

34 comments:

brenda said...

What a lovely and thoughtful creation Kitty. Wishing you happiness in your new home.

B x

marion said...

Owwww your card is soooo cute, love it, love that you used 2 brown cats and one white, perfect !! Also the cardboard you used from the moving box, what a fab idea, your new home looks excellent and lovely, hope you will be settled in soon, lots of hugs and love and cuddles to Kiwi and Honeydew, Marion PS I try to mail you back asap

Unknown said...

Lovely to see you here Kitty, love this project, as always you work is brilliant, I hope you get moved soon and you health gets better, my lovely friend, hugs xxx

Sue said...

Lovely to see your gorgeous card Kitty.Love your sweet image.
Very best wishes in your New Home.
Big hugs Sue xx

Bad Kitty said...

Lovely and gorgeous card Kitty.

Alyx said...

This is fabulous! Congratulations on your new home...hope you're very happy in it together. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Andrea W said...

Glad to see your post today. Your card is darling! Lots of fun moving related details to add that personal touch. Hopefully you feel better soon and best wishes with the move.

Laurian said...

This is sooo cute!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

JJ said...

Hi, this is brilliant, what a lovely idea. I love cats too, don't wish to intrude but best way to introduce cats is to keep them separate for a couple of weeks to get them used to each others smells, alternate the rooms so they get used to the smells, its good if they can see each other but not touch each other too if that makes sense? gradually move them closer together and try to get them to feed together. I am sure being a cat lover you will know all this anyway, good luck.

Thank you for joining Hobbycutz Challenge this week.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

JMC Creates said...

Wow again Kitty. I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while. Hope your move gets sorted soon. But you still made an amazing card as usual. Jacqui DT Sister Act

jimlynn said...

So very cute and pretty Killy! Love that image and of course ALL the little extras! Precious!
Hope you start feeling better soon.
Lynn

ike said...

Oh what a great creation and I love the little kitty image. Your new home looks FAB and I hope everything goes well for you. I am sure Snowbug will be OK. :-D

Great seeing you 'pop in' to say hello to us :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

Mynn xx said...

This is SO super sweet! I LOVE the darling image and your fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Di said...

Oh Kitty, what a fabulous card! I love all the detail and the story behind it all. Good luck with the move and thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Hope to see you again soon :)

Hugs, Di xx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an adorable and meaningful card! I always appreciate cards that are personalized and you definitely made this so special with all the personal touches you included. I also thought it was brilliant of you to include an actual piece of moving box cardboard! Great way to upcycle and give added meaning to the card! I hope that you're able to get things situated soon (you forget how draining moving can be until you do it again) and that everything falls into place in your new situation. Thanks for still finding time to create this delightful card and for sharing it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Laura W said...

How creative, love the cats on the card. Good luck with your move :)
Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenge-see you tomorrow for a new one!

Jo Ann said...

This is such a unique lay-out and I love it. Thanks for blessing us with your card at our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with God's Word of encouragement in Psalm 16:8 which says, "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." God bless always.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Janice said...

CUTE! Love this layout and page, just perfect. Jx

laurigami said...

Your card is beautiful and this stamp is super. I believe that we love all cats and scrapbooking.
Get well soon.
Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz Challenges
Laurigami

Donna Ellis said...

This is so sweet, Kitty, and reminds me of YOU! It is lovely that you created a keepsake with the photo - you have inspired me. Thank you! hugs, de

Anonymous said...

This is really great and I love how you personalized it with your photo! Great layers! Thanks for playing in our layer challenge at UYS and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love all the images and dies and great use of corrugated cardboard.Thank you for joining us at 613 avenue Create
Carol DT x

Debbie Adams said...

Awwww, this is so cute! I love that little kitty. :D Thank you joining us at Scribble and Scrap Challenge.
Deborah DT

Kandy's Krafts said...

Beautiful card and I love the way you have personalised it. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting at the Weekend.

Leeann said...

Just poppin' in because I just had to take a closer look and WOW! What a cute story and absolutely perfect card for the occasion. Congratulations to you and Brian on your new home, how exciting!

Adorable Country Classics said...

Very cute card, it's adorable! Thank you for entering it into our challenge over at Treasured Times Stamps! We hope you come join us again!
~Jody~

Brenda "Disney Girl" said...

Thanks for joining the SBC challenge!! Super cute card!!
Brenda
SBC DT

Isobel said...

Smashing card
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore

Cvetelina Borisova said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week,good luck!

Katy said...

This is so awesome! I love all of the elements you used like to corrugated piece, the hearts, the cat, and the charm. It all works so well together. Very cool that you included a pic of your new home. Wonderful card! Thank you so much for joining us at Great Impressions! :)

carol said...

super card, thanks so much for sharing your fab creation with us at BEARLY-MINE, X Carol

Susanne Rose said...

Great card. Love the cats! Thanks for joining us at Fairytale Challenge this time! Hugs Susanne.

Barb said...

Such an charming card with an adorable, really liking how/where you place your embellishments. Thanks for joining us at the Wags'n Whiskers challenge. Barb DT

purplecinn said...

Oh my gosh, kitty in a box, love it! Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu - Purple